My name is Nicola Limodio, I am an Assistant Professor of Finance at Bocconi University. I am affiliated with CEPR & JPAL.
My research focuses on financial economics, development economics and political economy. My CV is here and my papers below.
WEFIDEV: I am a co-founder of the WEFIDEV Workshop on Finance and Development. Find more information here.
1. “High-Speed Internet, Financial Technology and Banking” (with A. D'Andrea), Forthcoming, Management Science.
Draft, Appendix, PEDL Research Summary, PEDL Research Note, BAFFI CAREFIN Working Paper, PEDL Working Paper and Data & Code. Finalist in the ECB Young Economists’ Competition 2020.
2. “Deposit Insurance and Depositor Behaviour: Evidence from Colombia” (with N. de Roux), The Review of Financial Studies, Volume 36, Issue 7, July 2023, Pages 2721–2755.
Draft & Documento CEDE Working Paper and Data & Code. Media presence on the All About Finance World Bank blog.
3. "Liquidity Requirements, Bank Deposits and Financial Development” (with F. Strobbe), Economica, Volume 90, Issue 357, January 2023, Pages 240-270.
4. “Terrorism Financing, Recruitment and Attacks", Econometrica, Volume 90, Number 4 (July, 2022), Pages 1711–1742.
Draft, Appendix, PEDL Working Paper, PEDL Research Note and Data & Code. Media presence on Knowledge Bocconi, VoxDev, ProMarket, Slate Political Gabfest, TalkingAboutTerrorism, News Livedoor and BIPR video.
5. “Liquidity Risk and Long-Term Finance: Evidence from a Natural Experiment” (with M. A. Choudhary), the Review of Economic Studies, Volume 89, Issue 3, May 2022, Pages 1278–1313.
Draft, Appendix & IGIER Working Paper. Media presence: Knowledge Bocconi.
6. “Bureaucrats Allocation in the Public Sector: Evidence from the World Bank”, The Economic Journal, Volume 131, Issue 639, October 2021, Pages 3012–3040.
7. “Anti-Trust Policies and Profitability in Non-Traded Sectors" (with T. Besley and N. Fontana), American Economic Review: Insights, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2021, Pages 251-65.
Draft, Data & Code. Media presence on Knowledge Bocconi.
* “Mobile Money, Interoperability and Financial Inclusion” (with M. K. Brunnermeier, L. Spadavecchia). Submitted.
Draft, Draft w/out Appendix, NBER Working Paper. Media presence on Findev Gateway Blog.
* “The Financial Transmission of a Climate Shock: El Nino and US Banks” (with F. De Marco). Submitted.
Draft, Working Paper and CEPR Working Paper. SSM Training video.
* "Subnational Income, Convergence and the Covid19 Pandemic” (with A. M. Choudhary, I. Dal Barco, I.A. Haqqani, F. Lenzi), Resubmitted, World Bank Economic Review.
Draft and IGC Working Paper.
* “The Impact of Chinese FDI in Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia” (with R. Crescenzi). Submitted.
Draft, LSE working paper. Media presence on fDIIntelligence, LSE GILD Blog Post and The Economist. Presentation at STEG Annual Conference. Transforming Growth podcast.
* “The El Niño Southern Oscillation and the salinity of land and water” (with F. De Marco, I. Dal Barco). Submitted.