My name is Nicola Limodio, I am an Assistant Professor of Finance at Bocconi University. I am affiliated with CEPR & JPAL.
My research focuses on financial economics, development economics and political economy. My CV is here and my papers below.
WEFIDEV: I am a co-founder of the WEFIDEV Workshop on Finance and Development. Find more information here.
In September 2023, I was awarded an ERC Starting Grant from the European Research Council for my project "Financial Institutions and Development - FINDEV" for the years 2023 - 2028.
* “Mobile Money, Interoperability and Financial Inclusion” (with M. K. Brunnermeier, L. Spadavecchia). Submitted.
* “Climate, Amenities and Banking: El Nino in the US” (with F. De Marco). Submitted.
* "Subnational Income, Convergence and the Covid19 Pandemic” (with A. M. Choudhary, I.A. Haqqani, F. Lenzi), Resubmitted, World Bank Economic Review.
* “The Impact of Chinese FDI in Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia” (with R. Crescenzi).
Work In Progress
* “Mobile Internet, Information Frictions and Banking” (with A. D'Andrea, Hitayezu P., R. Kpodar, A. Presbitero)
* “The Organizational Economics of Banking” (with L. Picariello)